Refer to your owner's manual for specific recommendations for your car.
Here are a few general guidelines for maintaining your car. As always, refer to your owner's manual for specific recommendations for your car. If you'd like, you may download the Basic Maintenance Checklist for more specific information.
Every time you fill up your tank:
- Check your oil level.
- Add a gas treatment to your gas tank to help fight the accumulation of harmful deposits in the fuel system.
Every 3,000 miles:
- Change your oil and oil filter.
- Add an oil treatment to your motor oil.
- Clean your fuel injectors with a commercial cleaner fluid.
- Check your fan belt.
- Check your hoses and cooling system.
- Check your brake fluid.
- Check your power steering fluid.
- Check your transmission fluid.
Every two years:
- Change your engine coolant.
- Change your brake fluid.
- Change your spark plugs.
- Change your fuel filter.
- Change your air filter.